WELCOME TO WWW.RONBRIGGS.CA
Official site of drummer & musician, drum, bass &
guitar teacher, and music producer Ron Briggs
> Click here for Career Highlights <
- Ron is now offering beginner's bass guitar lessons, in addition to teaching drum lessons and beginner's guitar lessons!
- As part of development for the upcoming Fraser Valley Music School,Nichelle Briggs is available to teach beginner's piano lessons to students of all ages!
- Ron has been actively working with several different artists and players throughout 2009, and now 2010. He'd like to thank all of them for the great gigs and good times - including What About Bob, Damian Marshall, Steve Danielsen, Todd Taylor, Linda Kidder, Kelly Brock, and Brett Kissel.
- Since last summer, Ron has been concentrating on his teaching career, local in-town gigging, and developing his new “Live Music Services“ business -- which offers live music, live band and musician services for any occassion!
- 2009 started off with a bang, proving to be very a busy and exciting time for the Fraser Valley Drum School.
Thanks to increased student enrollment, Ron is now teaching nearly 50 drum lessons per week!
- As part of development for the upcoming Fraser Valley Music School, Ron now offers beginner's guitar lessons, and plans to offer piano lessons in the future.
- Be sure to keep checking back for the latest news and gigging appearances!
- This year, Ron has been focusing the majority of his time and efforts on teaching drumming and drum lessons at the Fraser Valley Drum School!
- Ron has also had a busy schedule performing with Aaron Pricthett, Brad Johner, Brett Kissel, Sean Hogan, Kelly Brock, Lester Country and Eric Neilson.
- Ron has just recently started producing songs for local singer/songwriter
- Ron has been gigging and rehearsing with jazz band What About Bob, check their site for appearances!
- Ron was recently interviewed and featured in BC Musician magazine -- check out the article here!
- Ron finished 2007 playing over 100 shows with Aaron Pritchett
- Ron produced and completed recording and playing on Nikki Werner's debut Indie Country CD "Girl's Night In", which was released in late 2007.
- Ron finished 2006 playing a total of 80 shows with Aaron Pritchett (arguably one of the busiest artists in Canada!) and on the CCMA's award show for a 6th time.
- There's been a new addition to Ron's Fraser Valley Drum School - the Protools Recording Program! This computer software program enables the recording of students' playing, and is a great tool to help develop timing and groove!
- 2007 promises to be just as busy as 2006, with numerous Aaron Pritchett tour dates scheduled. Check out Ron's upcoming performances below (will be updated every 2 months in advance)!
Date City Venue 1-Apr
Ft. McMurray, AB
North Battleford, SK
Minden Hills, ON
Sunshine Ski Hill
Gibson Show Lounge
Gold Eagle Casino
Festival of Lights
- Ron finished 2005 with a tour for the Canadian Armed Forces that took him to Labrador and Alert Bay (North Pole) with Aaron Pritchett and Lisa Brokop. He also completed a 2006 Springtime tour again with Aaron Pritchett, opening for Brooks & Dunn and Sara Evans.
- Ron recently launched the Fraser Valley Drum School, which is actively increasing student enrollment. Contact Ron for more info about taking lessons.
- Ron has been busy doing music production, recording and producing for two upcoming country artists and their debut albums – Nikki Werner and Emily Adams.
- The 2006 summer promises to be one of the busiest Ron has had since the Farmer’s Daughter days (97-99), with July and August featuring over 30 shows with Aaron Pritchett.
- Ron is working on a play-a-long CD for 2007 which will enable students to fine-tune their listening, sight-reading and playing skills all at the same time. Stay tuned!
- Ron will be on the road with Aaron Pritchett throughout summer 2005.
- Ron recently finished production of Chelsea Hardman's latest album (titled "Lucky Me"), which will be released this summer. Ron is also currently producing tracks for an upcoming Nikki Werner CD.
- Ron looks forward to developing the Fraser Valley Drum School in the coming year.
Featuring expanded teaching facilities, room for increased student enrollment and a full-fledged recording studio, Fraser Valley Drum School will be your source for top-quality, professional drum instruction and recording in the lower mainland.
- Ron did a clinic for Robert Bateman High School in May 2005 – featuring concepts behind playing in the music industry, technique, groove, playing with others, playing to backing tracks and more.