WELCOME TO WWW.RONBRIGGS.CA
Official site of drummer & musician, drum, bass &
guitar teacher, and music producer Ron Briggs
> Click here for Career Highlights <
- Ron's Fraser Valley Music School recently relocated to Chilliwack, BC.
- Ryan Stephenson, a multi-instrumentalist teacher with numerous years of experience, has joined the music school as a teacher and is available for mobile and in-home music lessons for drums, guitar, bass and piano.
- The school is accpeting students of all ages and is open for drum lessons, guitar lessons, bass lessons and piano lessons to students from Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Surrey, Maple Ridge, Langley, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, and throughout the Fraser Valley.
- Ron is now offering beginner's bass guitar lessons, in addition to teaching drum lessons and beginner's guitar lessons!
- As part of development for the Fraser Valley Music School, beginner's piano lessons are now available for students of all ages!
- Ron has been actively working with several different artists and players throughout 2009, and now 2010. He'd like to thank all of them for the great gigs and good times - including What About Bob, Damian Marshall, Steve Danielsen, Todd Taylor, Linda Kidder, Kelly Brock, and Brett Kissel.
- Since last summer, Ron has been concentrating on his teaching career, local in-town gigging, and developing his new “Live Music Services“ business -- which offers live music, live band and musician services for any occassion!
- 2009 started off with a bang, proving to be very a busy and exciting time for the Fraser Valley Drum School.
Thanks to increased student enrollment, Ron is now teaching nearly 50 drum lessons per week!
- As part of development for the upcoming Fraser Valley Music School, Ron now offers beginner's guitar lessons, and plans to offer piano lessons in the future.
- Be sure to keep checking back for the latest news and gigging appearances!
- This year, Ron has been focusing the majority of his time and efforts on teaching drumming and drum lessons at the Fraser Valley Drum School!
- Ron has also had a busy schedule performing with Aaron Pricthett, Brad Johner, Brett Kissel, Sean Hogan, Kelly Brock, Lester Country and Eric Neilson.
- Ron has just recently started producing songs for local singer/songwriter
- Ron has been gigging and rehearsing with jazz band What About Bob, check their site for appearances!
- Ron was recently interviewed and featured in BC Musician magazine -- check out the article here!
- Ron finished 2007 playing over 100 shows with Aaron Pritchett
- Ron produced and completed recording and playing on Nikki Werner's debut Indie Country CD "Girl's Night In", which was released in late 2007.
- Ron finished 2006 playing a total of 80 shows with Aaron Pritchett (arguably one of the busiest artists in Canada!) and on the CCMA's award show for a 6th time.
- There's been a new addition to Ron's Fraser Valley Drum School - the Protools Recording Program! This computer software program enables the recording of students' playing, and is a great tool to help develop timing and groove!
- 2007 promises to be just as busy as 2006, with numerous Aaron Pritchett tour dates scheduled. Check out Ron's upcoming performances below (will be updated every 2 months in advance)!
Date City Venue 1-Apr
Ft. McMurray, AB
North Battleford, SK
Minden Hills, ON
Sunshine Ski Hill
Gibson Show Lounge
Gold Eagle Casino
Festival of Lights
- Ron finished 2005 with a tour for the Canadian Armed Forces that took him to Labrador and Alert Bay (North Pole) with Aaron Pritchett and Lisa Brokop. He also completed a 2006 Springtime tour again with Aaron Pritchett, opening for Brooks & Dunn and Sara Evans.
- Ron recently launched the Fraser Valley Drum School, which is actively increasing student enrollment. Contact Ron for more info about taking lessons.
- Ron has been busy doing music production, recording and producing for two upcoming country artists and their debut albums – Nikki Werner and Emily Adams.
- The 2006 summer promises to be one of the busiest Ron has had since the Farmer’s Daughter days (97-99), with July and August featuring over 30 shows with Aaron Pritchett.
- Ron is working on a play-a-long CD for 2007 which will enable students to fine-tune their listening, sight-reading and playing skills all at the same time. Stay tuned!
- Ron will be on the road with Aaron Pritchett throughout summer 2005.
- Ron recently finished production of Chelsea Hardman's latest album (titled "Lucky Me"), which will be released this summer. Ron is also currently producing tracks for an upcoming Nikki Werner CD.
- Ron looks forward to developing the Fraser Valley Drum School in the coming year.
Featuring expanded teaching facilities, room for increased student enrollment and a full-fledged recording studio, Fraser Valley Drum School will be your source for top-quality, professional drum instruction and recording in the lower mainland.
- Ron did a clinic for Robert Bateman High School in May 2005 – featuring concepts behind playing in the music industry, technique, groove, playing with others, playing to backing tracks and more.